15 Rustic Fall Wedding Ideas
Who says wedding season should only take place in the summertime? Fall weddings mean cooler weather, beautiful autumn leaves, and best of all, stunning photographs. Make your rustic fall wedding in Maryland truly magical with 15 fall wedding ideas. From the décor to the catering, your wedding day should be special from start to finish.
- A rustic fall wedding isn’t complete without wood. Specifically, reclaimed wood. Use wood for the name card holders, the centerpieces, the food displays and the signs. Also, you can customize your wedding cake done to look like a real wooden tree with your initials carved into it.
- You can also incorporate several rustic elements to make your wedding pop, including wheelbarrows, wooden barrels, wagons, galvanized metal, burlap, cowboy boots, and deer antlers.
- Not to mention, flowers, leaves, and garland are essential for a fall wedding. Whether your wedding features reds, yellows, oranges, greens, or browns, you can decorate with foliage. Some popular fall wedding flowers are sunflowers, roses, carnations, dahlias, freesia, and chrysanthemums.
- For the wedding favors, you can hand out candles with personalized labels. Everyone can use them, and they’re perfect for fall.
- As for the table centerpieces, stay with the theme and consider incorporating mason jars, sticks, potpourri, pine cones, ribbon, and corn kernels.
- Also, consider adding pumpkins to your decorations! They’re beautiful as is, but you can also decorate them with paint, glitter or ribbons to match your wedding colors. Place some around the altar, use them as centerpieces, or place them anywhere that could use a little rustic flair.
- Comfort food is an excellent option for rustic fall weddings. Mashed potatoes and smoked barbeque are perfect as chilly weather, holidays and football games approach. You can even get BBQ catered by Chad’s. Or, you can stick to a more traditional fall meal. For example, a Thanksgiving feast with apple pie for dessert!
- Consider creating a DIY s’mores bar to give the reception a cozy, homegrown feeling.
- Serve pumpkin pie, pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin pie lattes, and pumpkin pie martinis.
- And, be sure to add apples to the food table. From serving apple cider beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) to candy apples, you can’t go wrong. Other fall beverage staples are sweet tea and lemonade. Get large jars with dispensers for people to serve themselves.
- Or, if your wedding is later in the fall season, a hot chocolate station can help warm up your guests.
- Have your wedding ceremony or reception – or both – inside a barn. Changing up the venue can easily capture your rustic fall wedding theme. Instead of chairs or benches, consider having guests sit on hay bales.
- Finally, nothing says “fall” quite like a corn maze or pumpkin patch. Even if you don’t want to host your reception at one, they make a beautiful backdrop for engagement or wedding photos.
And, now that you’re armed with plenty of fall wedding ideas, you can start planning! Remember to book your catering, venue, and music in advance to make sure everything goes off without a hitch. And, make things easy by contacting Chads BBQ to cater the big day!