Hoist the flags and cue “The Star-Spangled Banner,” because America’s birthday is right around the corner. There’s no better way to celebrate Independence Day than by planning a family vacation or hosting a gathering at home. Wherever your holiday takes you, these 4th of July party ideas will make it unforgettable.
Break Out the Red, White & Blue
Whether you’re celebrating at home or on the road, there are several DIY party décor ideas to kick off the celebration. Hang these decorations in your backyard to add a patriotic flair to your barbecue. Or, bring them with you to the hotel if you’re heading to the mountains or the beach. After all, no Independence Day bash is complete without red, white and blue. Give the following ideas a try:
4th of July Garland
- Cut red, white and blue fabrics or other materials into strips.
- Then, tie the strips to a long piece of rope or set of string lights.
- Hang them over entryways, near your buffet or anywhere your guests will be.
- Wrap red, white and blue bandanas around sets of cutlery.
- Tie them closed with twine or ribbon.
- Put them at every place setting for use as napkins.
Star Spangled Glasses
- Use Con-Tact paper to punch out red, white and blue stars, or buy stickers at the store.
- Then, apply the stars to your wine, beer, and beverage glasses.
- Finally, fill the glass with your favorite drink and enjoy!
Serve Up the Flavors of Summer
What’s the most memorable aspect of your holiday celebration, you ask? The cocktails of course. Needless to say, one of our favorite 4th of July party ideas is serving themed drinks. For the kids, serve up red, white and blue slushies by blending ice with fruit punch, white grape juice, and blue sports drinks. For the adults, Rachael Ray’s Red, White, and Blue Sangria is sure to be a crowd pleaser. All you’ll need is a bottle of white wine, Elderflower liqueur, red raspberries, blueberries, and club soda.
Have Chad’s Cater the Day
If you’re hosting a party at home this year, lett Chad’s BBQ handle the cooking and serving. Our catering services offer you a quality restaurant experience right from your home. Not to mention, our passionate servers will set up, serve and clean up so you can focus on your friends and family. Or, if you pick up your order, we’ll package up your food in disposable pans to keep your food hot and cleanup easy. Some of our catering menu options include:
- A selection of priced-per-person trays featuring pulled pork, kielbasa, chicken and ribs
- Summery sides like potato buns, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw and collard greens
- Savory desserts like banana pudding and brownies
Here’s to a Happy 4th!
No matter what you do this Independence Day, these 4th of July party ideas will foster great times and lasting memories. And, if you’d like our help on the day of your party, simply fill out the request form on our catering page to get started. To learn more about our menu or to ask questions, contact us today at 410-956-7774.